There are many types of bruschetta. Tomato Basil Mozzarella is an Italian classic, but it will taste even better when prepared in your kamado Big Green Egg. You can vary the recipe to your liking and make it the starting point to prepare different types of bruschetta.
Ciabatta slices also make a good base for bruschetta. How about a bruschetta with grilled eggplant, tomato and garlic, with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top? Or with sauteed mushrooms, fresh thyme, garlic, and arugula leaves? You can discover new possibilities simply by experimenting.
3-4 large vine tomatoes.
2 mozzarella balls of 125 gr each.
8 slices of multigrain baguette bread.
Extra virgin olive oil.
8 large basil leaves.
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat it with the cast iron grill to 220 ° C.
- Cut the vine tomatoes into 8 slices.
- Cut each mozzarella ball into four slices.
- Place the tomato slices on the Big Green Egg rack, close the lid and grill on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the tomato slices from the grill and set them aside.
- Place the cast iron skillet on the rack, close the EGG lid, and preheat for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the baguette slices with olive oil.
- Place a tomato slice, a basil leaf, and a mozzarella slice on each slice.
- Place the baguette slices in the skillet.
- Close the lid of the EGG and grill them for about 10 minutes until they are crisp and the mozzarella has melted.