Green asparagus is a great vegetable to cook on the Big Green Egg. You can grill or sauté them and they go great with most meats, poultry and fish. The only preparation necessary is to remove the harder end of the stud. They cook pretty quickly, which means they’ll be ready to eat in no time. This recipe presents asparagus wrapped in Serrano ham, which adds even more flavor and allows you to present a complete and delicious bite or snack prepared simply with two ingredients.
8 green asparagus.
8 slices of Serrano ham.
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat it with the cast iron grill to 220 ° C.
- Meanwhile, cut the hard part of the asparagus and roll a slice of ham around each asparagus.
- Place the ham-rolled asparagus on the grill of the Big Green Egg.
- Close the lid and grill for 2.5 minutes. Flip the asparagus and grill for another 2.5 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the rack and serve immediately.