Cooking prawns on the grill in the kamado Big Green Egg is not only easy, it is a guarantee that the taste will be delicious. For this recipe, we recommend that you first mix the prawns with the pesto to give them a surprising flavor, which you will also find in the yogurt dip. We opted for a coriander based pesto instead of the classic basil one. You can make the pesto well in advance and even skewer the prawns before covering them with aluminum foil and storing them in the fridge. Mix the leftover pesto with the yogurt in a nice bowl. Don’t forget to take the yogurt out of the fridge in advance to bring it to room temperature.
24 peeled prawns.
For the pesto:
1 bunch of coriander.
2 cloves of garlic
4 tablespoons of pine nuts.
1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
4 tablespoons of olive oil.
For the yogurt dip:
200 ml of yogurt.
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat it with the cast iron grill to 220 ° C.
- Meanwhile, separate the coriander leaves and peel the garlic to add to the pesto.
- Blend them with the rest of the pesto ingredients using the blender chopper until they form a soft paste.
- Put the prawns in a bowl and mix with two-thirds of the pesto.
- Prepare 12 cocktail skewers and place two prawns together on each one.
- Prepare the yogurt dip by mixing the yogurt with the remaining pesto and adding salt to taste.
- Place the prawn skewers on the rack of the Big Green Egg.
- Close the lid and grill for 2.5 minutes.
- Flip them over and grill for another 2.5 minutes.
- Remove the skewers from the rack and serve with the yogurt dip.